Physical Therapy is a great method to improve a person’s ability to function after illness or injury. At True Care we incorporate a technique called Myofascial Release into our treatment plans. This technique is a safe, gentle and effective method of decreasing pain while increasing range of motion. It is very effective for long standing pain due to an old injury or a chronic illness such as Fibromyalgia or Rheumatoid Arthritis. This treatment has been effective in helping patients reduce or eliminate the need for prescription pain medications.
In addition to Myofascial Release we work with you using a variety of techniques and equipment. Treatment can range from basic instruction in exercises to the use of our treadmill or Wii Fit. We will work to make your program fit your individual lifestyle.
Play is the best way to encourage a child to perform therapeutic activities. We will work with you and your child to develop a program that is fun but effective.
So when should you consider physical therapy?
- When recovery from traumatic injury
- When suffering from chronic pain (whether it’s been months or years)
- When suffering from recurring headaches
- When fearful of falling or losing your balance
- After surgery
- If you are no longer able to get around the way you would like to
- To prevent injury if you have a physically demanding job or recreational activity
- If you want to insure that your work environment is safe
- If you’re child
- Struggles with physical tasks
- Has behavior problems and/or a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD
- Is unable to sit still for any length of time
- Isn’t meeting developmental milestones
- Is having trouble in school
If you aren’t certain that Physical Therapy can be helpful in your situation feel free to give us a call and ask questions.